Marga and Poppop’s diamond wedding anniversary celebrations on Friday were a joy to behold.
At 11am a stretch limousine arrived in front of Mum and Dad’s house in Henley Beach. Upon seeing the luxury vehicle Marga thought the chauffeur must have gone to the wrong address! 10 of us piled into the back of the custom vehicle for a tour of Glenelg, the Adelaide CBD and West Lakes, where we arrived to the Lakes Resort Hotel for lunch. This was my grandparents’ first ever limo ride after over 80 years of life!
Towards the end of lunch I read out congratulatory letters from all and sundry:
– Federal Opposition Leader Malcom Turnbull
– Prime Minister Kevin Rudd
– South Australian Governor Kevin Scarce
– Member for the Electorate of Grey Rowan Ramsey
– South Australian Premier Mike Rann
– South Australian Opposition Leader Martin Hamilton-Smith
– Governor General Quentin Bryce; and,
– Queen of Australia Elizabeth R
I knew my Mother’s parents were exemplary and popular people but I didn’t know their network extended this far! 🙂